Student AthletesPlanning for a safe return to competition and expanding broadcast coverage.
- A COVID-19 Athletics Taskforce was formed to develop all plans related to a safe return to competition.
- All planning is based upon guidance from the National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), the Pennsylvania State Athletic Conference (PSAC), the state of Pennsylvania. and other appropriate groups.
- All incoming and returning student-athletes are required to abide by the guidelines and recommendations for undergraduate and graduate students.
Outlook & Goals
- Returning safely to athletic competition is a goal for this academic year.
- Consideration and evaluation of all aspects of athletic competition is ongoing, including spectator attendance. Significant discussions are being held at the national, conference, and regional levels.
- With a return to athletic competition, live video will broadcast as many SU intercollegiate athletic contests as possible, based upon the technology infrastructure.
- Updated information will be shared as soon as available.
Health & Well-being
As we navigate to welcoming students, faculty, and staff back to campus for the fall 2020 semester, some details of the plan may change based on continuing developments and revised guidelines and recommendations from the federal government, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), and Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education (State System/PASSHE). Shippensburg University is deeply committed to the well-being and success of our campus family, Shippensburg community, south-central Pennsylvania, and the Commonwealth.