Graduate StudentsFlexibility, consistency, and support every step of the way to your advanced degree.
Preparing to Succeed
- Graduate students receive a Welcome Packet with Personal Protective Equipment (PPE), COVID-19 campus policies and expectations, and a pledge to uphold the recommendations to keep the campus and Shippensburg community safe.
- All students acknowledge the public health risks of the virus and pledge to abide by public health and safety guidelines whenever on campus.
- Graduate course content will be primarily offered remotely for everyone’s personal safety and will not interrupt degree progress. Exceptions may be made for in-person instruction to conduct lab work, field placements, and other personal contact in accordance with state and national certification requirements.
- Extensive cleaning protocols, sanitizing stations, social distancing information, and distance markings will be evident throughout campus.
- Masks or face coverings will be worn by all when on campus.
Residential Life & Dining
- Students living in Mowrey Hall will build community by living and learning in residence halls.
- Students will respect social distancing parameters. This includes restricting large gatherings.
- All dining facilities will have health and safety modifications.
- Students have a number of dining options, including traditional dining, grab-n-go, and takeout.
- Campus activities and events are offered in accordance with health and safety conditions and guidelines.
Teaching & Learning
- Graduate courses will be offered remotely with interactive technology that encourages academic discourse between students and with the professor.
- Graduate assistantship percentage levels will be maintained to the fullest extent possible depending on grant funding.
- Academic support offerings such as advising, the Learning Center, and tutoring will be available via in-person and remote options.
Personal Contact Guidelines
- All in-person contact follows social distancing and room/setting density recommendations.
- Labs and mandatory professional certification contact hours are conducted using appropriate PPE and follow distancing and density recommendations.
- Professors and instructors may offer a mix of in-person and remote office hours.
- Remote advising is available to guide degree progress.
Health & Well-being
- Aggressive cleaning and sanitizing protocols will occur throughout academic, recreational, support and residential facilities.
- Face coverings, physical distancing, and handwashing/sanitizing procedures will be followed as required by federal, state, and university guidelines.
- Awareness campaign materials and distancing markers will be present throughout campus.
- A cohort of leaders will remind all on campus to abide by health and safety guidelines.
As we navigate to welcoming students, faculty, and staff back to campus for the fall 2020 semester, some details of the plan may change based on continuing developments and revised guidelines and recommendations from the federal government, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the Pennsylvania Department of Education (PDE), and Pennsylvania's State System of Higher Education (State System/PASSHE). Shippensburg University is deeply committed to the well-being and success of our campus family, Shippensburg community, south-central Pennsylvania, and the Commonwealth.